- Our online services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from, or market our products and services to children under 13.
- As a member or user of an Augeo product or service, we will use and share the information that we collect from or about you in accordance with the details below, which provide you with certain choices with respect to the use and sharing of your personal information.
Information we may collect
When you visit our websites, we may collect personal information from or about you when it is entered, including but not limited to your name, portal login credentials, email address, mailing address, telephone number, IP address and transactional details. In certain situations as a member on an Augeo platform we may also collect payment card information, social security numbers, employment information or protected health information.
Usage and Other Information
Additional Sources of Information
Use of Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing reward or redemption transactions;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Reporting program activities to our client program owners;
- Managing your program preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages on behalf of our clients and partners;
- Monitoring our site or portal performance;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services, improving existing products and services, performing data analytics, and performing internal functions such as accounting and auditing);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customer, directly or indirectly) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. This is a case by case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and relevant legal or operation retention needs. For example, we may retain your data for as long as you hold a rewards account so that we may process and fulfill your future award transactions. We may also be legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data in such a way that you are not personally identifiable, either directly or indirectly.
Disclosure of Information
Augeo may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third parties to bring you a range of quality and reliable products and services designed to meet your needs. For example, we may share your information with:
- Augeo third-party service providers like merchandise reward fulfillment, travel fulfillment and mailing service suppliers;
- Augeo affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs;
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of Augeo businesses; and
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us.
We may share anonymous or aggregated information (such that it does not identify any individual customer, directly or indirectly) with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content that are tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
Understanding Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
“Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us, our service providers or other companies we work with to analyze your use of our online services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online services.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags, web beacons are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message. These, or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
You may see advertisements when you use some of our online services. These advertisements may be for our own products or services, or for products and services offered by third parties. Which advertisements you see is often determined using the information we, our affiliates, service providers, and other companies that we work with have about you, including information about your relationships with us (e.g., types of accounts held, transactional information, location of activity). To that end, where permitted by applicable law, we may share with others the information we collect from and about you.
Linkin to Third-Party Websites
Transferring Your Information
As part of the services offered to you through our online websites and platforms, the information which we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, one or more countries other than where you currently reside. For example, this may happen if any of our servers or third party service providers are located in a country other than yours. These countries may not have similar data protection laws. However, if we transfer your information in this way, we will put in place appropriate protection to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Policy.
The security of your information is our top priority. We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and international standards to protect and limit access to your personal information. Augeo also actively monitors our systems and your account for suspicious or fraudulent activity.
Managing Employee Conduct
Augeo has an absolute commitment to integrity, our related values and ethical standards, and the associated business conduct we expect from all our employees. These standards include specific guidelines about how employees must safeguard confidential information, including our customers’ data.
Augeo maintains compliance with all required data protection regulations that apply to the information systems and data we collect. Augeo regularly validates its security, operational, and business practices, both internally and through third party audits.
Augeo uses at minimum 128-Bit Encryption each time you access your account(s) and perform transactions on our portals. Look for website to start with https:// or have a lock symbol, such as the one shown below:
Augeo regularly tests the web security of our sites and products.
As another security measure, Augeo enforces session timeouts after several minutes of inactivity on our sites and products. To ensure your security, in some cases we ask that you re-enter your User ID and password to resume your activity.
Augeo continuously monitors the registration, login, and activities of accounts to detect fraudulent or unauthorized use of your account.
What can you do to help?
- Help protect yourself by keeping your operating system, browser, and anti-virus software up-to-date so you'll have the latest security enhancements.
- Regularly monitor your account for suspicious activity.
- Watch out for phishing emails. Use caution when opening links or attachments in emails that you are not expecting.
- Used strong passphrases and change them frequently.
- Use safe practices when on social media.
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us, depending on the systems and communication channels you use. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate confidential information to us.
Controlling Your Personal Information
Below describes the business reasons and interests for why Augeo processes and shares your personal information, and under which circumstances you can limit certain activities. Whenever we process your data for the reasons listed below, we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in mind.
|Reasons we may process or share your personal information||Does Augeo process or share this information?||Can you limit this processing or sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your redemption or purchase transactions, maintain your account(s) or other Augeo program management items.||Yes||No, to limit this sharing you must no longer be a member of the Augeo platform.|
|For legal reasons – such as to respond to court orders, law enforcement and legal investigations.||Yes||No, Augeo complies with all legally supported requests for information.|
|For our marketing purposes - to offer products and services to you on behalf of Augeo and our clients.||Yes||Yes, Augeo typically seeks your consent before collecting your information for marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent in certain circumstances. You may also object to certain marketing practices by contacting us as described below.|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes – to support Augeo products and services.||Yes||No, to limit this sharing you must no longer be a member of the Augeo platform.|
Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review or update certain account information by logging in and accessing your profile, depending on the Augeo product or service portal used. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline, please refer to the “Know Your Options” section below.
Know Your Options
Your consumer options include the right to request the following:
- Access to or portability of your data;
- Corrections of inaccurate data;
- Limitations on certain types of data processing, including withdrawing your consent and objecting to certain types of data processing;
- Deletion of your data, in certain circumstances;
If you have contacted Augeo and have further questions about how to protect yourself, or if you have any concerns about how Augeo handles or processes your personal information, you may contact the data protection authority for your area:
- U.S. Residents: Visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information website at www.ftc.gov.
- E.U. Residents: Visit the European Commission website at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm, and find the data protection authority for your country.